“Kidney failure is such a catastrophic (and expensive) disease that Medicare covers treatment for anyone, regardless of age. Since Medicare reimbursement rates are fairly low, the dialysis industry had to find a way to tweak the system if they wanted to make big profits. They succeeded.”
Podcast: “Is Dialysis a Test Case of Medicare for All?”
SHARE THIS POST:
- Our business-over-life health care mindset is hurting Utahns
- Why do health care giants prosper while Americans are burdened by medical debt?
- Man’s death exemplifies the harm of for-profit health insurance
- Business as usual in health care is killing Americans
- Podcast: “Rethinking Our Broken Healthcare System”